I just love cornbread! I have eaten a lot of cornbread and most of it just hasn’t been that good. I like cornbread that’s moist and just a little bit cakey! After reviewing the recipe that came with my food processor, I made some changes – instead of sugar I used honey. Since I don’t drink cow’s milk, I used Silk Coconut Milk (but any milk will do). The cornbread turned out great and definitely something I can eat!
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
2 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup honey
3/4 cup soy/coconut/almond milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375, and spray an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl sift together all dry ingredients – flour, cornmeal, salt and baking powder. In another bowl combine the milk, vegetable oil and honey.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry. Add the egg and jalapeno peppers.
- Mix all together until just combined.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.